Search "Sundays in Spain"

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Spain 4 - Italy 0

Well, that was decisive. The firecrackers started toward the end of the first half, when Spain made its second goal, and they are still going on. And will continue all night, probably. But we are going to bed.

I thought Italy had the ball for a lot of the game, but fortunately for Spain, Spain had a very good goalie. It was exciting.  We watched the match on Spanish television, which makes sense. Danish TV (our main station, the one we pay 300+€ for per year) was also showing it, but they don't have rights to show it outside of Denmark, so even though we pay what they pay in Denmark, we don't get it. My understanding of spoken Spanish is improving, but it's still no match for the excited voices of two male Spanish commentators and one female one, all telling me what's going on. Thank goodness our screen is large enough so I could see it myself.

¡Viva España!

No comments: